THE BUILDING

HISTORICAL SOURCES MENTION THE CURRENT LOCATION AND EXISTENCE OF THIS BUILDING IN THE 14TH CENTURY. LATERLY, DURING THE 16TH CENTURY, IT WAS REFURBISHED. DURING THE 20TH CENTURY, IN THE 1930’S, THE GRINDING MILL WAS ELECTRIFIED. IN 1959, IT BECAME A FLOUR FACTORY.

"EL MOLINÉ" IS THE OLD FLOUR FACTORY KNOWN AS "LA VERENSE", WITH POLIGONAL PLAN, SIMILAR TO A TWO-STOREY TRAPEZIUM, WITH A GROUND FLOOR AND TWO HIGHER LEVELS. FLOUR AND ITS BY-PRODUCTS WERE MANUFACTURED IN THIS BUILDING.
CURRENTLY, IT BELONGS TO THE SPANISH HISTORICAL HERITAGE, INCLUDED IN THE CATEGORIES OF ETNOGRAPHIC, TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRIAL ARCHEOLOGICAL HERITAGE.

IT IS AN HISTORICAL PROOF OF THE ANCIENT HERITAGE PRESERVED IN BARBASTRO, AS IT IS THE LAST MILL DOCUMENTED IN THE MIDDLE AGE STILL STANDING AT ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION.